I love banana’s. I love them on my oatmeal, on toast, in smoothies, straight up - you name it, I will have had it (and loved it!). One of my biggest loves? Banana bread. So I decided to get funky in the kitchen and make some gluten free banana bread muffins. And they are delish!
4 x medium bananas (3 large will work too)
1 x teaspoon vanilla extract
1 x giant dollop (large tablespoon) of peanut butter (or any nut butter!)
1 x tablespoon of honey
2 x tablespoons coconut oil
1 x egg
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
sprinkle of cinnamon
pinch of salt
dates (optional) - I always add these as they go delicious and gooey when cooked!
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius.
2. In a mixing bowl combines the bananas, vanilla, peanut butter, honey & coconut oil.
3. Once combined, slowly add in the egg and mix lightly
4. Keep the mixer on, and add the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon (to your taste preference), and salt - mix on a medium speed until just combined, as you don’t want to over beat it!
5. Chop the dates and fold them into the mixture (no mixing required). I like my dates nice and chunky.
6. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, and poor mixture in evenly.
7. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes. Check to see when ready with a knife - if you put it in a muffin and it comes out clean, they’re ready! If there is a bit of mixture on it, keep them in a few minutes more.
8. Remove. Cool. Share and devour.
Show us your version and use the hashtag #spreadthestoke so we can see your creations!
Book an appointment online today!